OP
Rimlessreefer

Rimlessreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been running the Reef Octopus now for a few days and it is LOUD! I replaced the impeller as when it was given to me it had exploded. I need some advice on what the quietest skimmer you know of is. Want to spend under $350 for now. Thanks!

knights061

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubbleblaster pumps for the reef octopus skimmers are super quiet. I had one of the Sicce pumps that came with the Reef octopus diable 250 and it was so LOUD. I upgraded to the SRO 3000 which comes with the waterblaster pump and it is literally silent. Can't even tell when the pump is on.

OP
OP
Rimlessreefer

Rimlessreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this skimmer has an old bubble blaster pump on it, might need to update it. Or just replace the skimmer.
The bubbleblaster pumps for the reef octopus skimmers are super quiet. I had one of the Sicce pumps that came with the Reef octopus diable 250 and it was so LOUD. I upgraded to the SRO 3000 which comes with the waterblaster pump and it is literally silent. Can't even tell when the pump is on.

Here is a pic of the water all cleared up, just waiting on my Hydra's to arrive!
20131107_073649.jpg

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking...this is the look I'm going for on my new build. I'm contemplating the Hydra 52's and using the same brackets.

James

OP
OP
Rimlessreefer

Rimlessreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just tested a BRS 50ml/Min doser as my auto top-off. The kicker is that the reservoir is 75ft away in the garage :) After this test I plan on setting up an auto water change system using these pumps and and Apex. Stay tuned!
20131110_160106.jpg

Reef_Insanity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how thin the overflow is on this! is it just a standard bulkhead going through then the excess cut off after the nut is tightened? or ? the one regret I have on my cube is making the overflow 4 inches wide =/

OP
OP
Rimlessreefer

Rimlessreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the overflow is only 1.5" front to back and 24" wide. I had to cut the bulkheads down before hand to get them to fit. I can send you the plans, or price making one for you if you want. I have considered making them after seeing how well it has worked. It is SILENT! the only thing I can hear from the tank is the return pump and the trickle from the water in the sump before it tops off.

I love how thin the overflow is on this! is it just a standard bulkhead going through then the excess cut off after the nut is tightened? or ? the one regret I have on my cube is making the overflow 4 inches wide =/

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back