ReefSavvy 90 Rimless Dream Build

the new skin for the stand is complete!

20131103_210501.jpg
20131103_210554.jpg
 
So I have been running the Reef Octopus now for a few days and it is LOUD! I replaced the impeller as when it was given to me it had exploded. I need some advice on what the quietest skimmer you know of is. Want to spend under $350 for now. Thanks!
 
The bubbleblaster pumps for the reef octopus skimmers are super quiet. I had one of the Sicce pumps that came with the Reef octopus diable 250 and it was so LOUD. I upgraded to the SRO 3000 which comes with the waterblaster pump and it is literally silent. Can't even tell when the pump is on.
 
Yeah this skimmer has an old bubble blaster pump on it, might need to update it. Or just replace the skimmer.
The bubbleblaster pumps for the reef octopus skimmers are super quiet. I had one of the Sicce pumps that came with the Reef octopus diable 250 and it was so LOUD. I upgraded to the SRO 3000 which comes with the waterblaster pump and it is literally silent. Can't even tell when the pump is on.


Here is a pic of the water all cleared up, just waiting on my Hydra's to arrive!
20131107_073649.jpg
 
Very nice looking...this is the look I'm going for on my new build. I'm contemplating the Hydra 52's and using the same brackets.

James
 
So I just tested a BRS 50ml/Min doser as my auto top-off. The kicker is that the reservoir is 75ft away in the garage :) After this test I plan on setting up an auto water change system using these pumps and and Apex. Stay tuned!
20131110_160106.jpg
 
I love how thin the overflow is on this! is it just a standard bulkhead going through then the excess cut off after the nut is tightened? or ? the one regret I have on my cube is making the overflow 4 inches wide =/
 
So the overflow is only 1.5" front to back and 24" wide. I had to cut the bulkheads down before hand to get them to fit. I can send you the plans, or price making one for you if you want. I have considered making them after seeing how well it has worked. It is SILENT! the only thing I can hear from the tank is the return pump and the trickle from the water in the sump before it tops off.

I love how thin the overflow is on this! is it just a standard bulkhead going through then the excess cut off after the nut is tightened? or ? the one regret I have on my cube is making the overflow 4 inches wide =/
 
are you using Wp 25 or 40 and yes post pics and you like is it work good for you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new