Reefsicle Frozen Fish Food Dispenser

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did se this a year ago or more and let it slip away now i was interested to test one out and found the site is down and only way i could find em is on amazon and no export shipping
Is it worth the money for you reefers who have tested/use it?

81AkZGzEkFL-1._SL1500_.jpg

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucker is huge. Neat idea though. I wonder how the food would hold up to thawing and refreezing.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Neat!

dansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a pretty cool gadget but may have a critical flaw.

I had a defrosting cup.... cant remember the brand...that I fed frozen to my fish with. It was interesting how some fish learned...quickly... where the food was and comes in... and then defended the spot the defroster was in. A particular Bi-Color Anthias was a particular pig. He also was fairly large....and chased.... all fish from the spot and then gorged himself on most everything that dropped. I actually saw some fish... other Anthias suffer from his aggression...and not get enough food....and other fish like wrasses that were very fast and maneuverable to compete for the food that got by the bi-color. This then caused aggression between the wrasses.

I wonder if something like this would lead to the same type of behavior and if that would then cause unintended consequences.

I no longer use the defroster....and instead try to feed thawed frozen many times through out the day....and broadcast it so all the fish have an opportunity to capture it and eat. This works with 5" tangs and 1/2" springeri damsels...and everything in between in the tank now.

It is a cool idea.... not sure you can also design random distribution of food that will prevent fish from staking a claim to a spot and vigorously defending it to the detriment to smaller or more timid fish.

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what would be nice if you could set this up in the sump area over your return pump

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back