Reefwave45 is confused?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tom S.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tom S.

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2022
Messages
58
Reaction score
86
Location
Albany
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At some point today my reefwave45 went crazy and blew sand all over my rocks then stopped working. It actually stopped working a few days ago but I was able to get it going again messing with the settings. Today I couldn't get it to work so I did a hard reset. I was reconnecting it, selecting that I wanted to connect a reefwave45. I kept getting errors that it wasn't connecting. After a while I realized the name of the unit I was connecting to through wifi was named RS25. Just to see what happened I chose the reefwave25 as the unit to set up. It connected to wifi and finished the set up. It still doesn't function and I'm not sure what else to try. I reached out to Redsea after the first time it stopped working and I just sent them pictures of what I found. Anyone else run into this?

20220714_202859.jpg Screenshot_20220714-202834_ReefBeat.jpg
 
Not when a 45 is recognized by a 25, no. I suspect the problem may be with the controller (the only time I've had an issue with my ReefWave45s was with a flaky controller).
I've been doing some reading seems like that might be a common problem. Up until now I've loved it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new