Refractometer Calibration

JGTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Messages
66
Reaction score
19
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been calibrating my refractometer with RODI for the past 2 years. I now know that it's best to calibrate with calibration solution. I want to switch to calibrating with the solution with my next water change, but the problem that I ran into is when I calibrate using the solution my tanks salinity is crazy low (in the low 20's). But when I calibrate using. RODI it is right on at 34.

All is well in my tank with my fish and corals (with the exception of a slight battle with dinos.)

Should I continue to calibrate with RODI or should I switch to the calibration solution? If so, how do I switch without causing a crazy swing in salinity?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new