Refugium help

Chrispelletier62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Max E. I use the built in rear sump. I want to add a refugium and would like to have it under the tank rather than hob. Is it possible to use an overflow box in the back drawing and emptying the water from the rear built in sump?
Or am I restricted to only having a job algae scrubber ?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
images.jpg

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c
I have a Red Sea Max E. I use the built in rear sump. I want to add a refugium and would like to have it under the tank rather than hob. Is it possible to use an overflow box in the back drawing and emptying the water from the rear built in sump?
Or am I restricted to only having a job algae scrubber

Yeah can be done. It might be a good idea to get rid of the return pump in the in-built sump if you were doing it though. Just return to the tank from the new sump below the tank.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back