Refugium help

Chrispelletier62

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
74
Reaction score
75
Location
Middlebury
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Max E. I use the built in rear sump. I want to add a refugium and would like to have it under the tank rather than hob. Is it possible to use an overflow box in the back drawing and emptying the water from the rear built in sump?
Or am I restricted to only having a job algae scrubber ?
 
images.jpg
 
c
I have a Red Sea Max E. I use the built in rear sump. I want to add a refugium and would like to have it under the tank rather than hob. Is it possible to use an overflow box in the back drawing and emptying the water from the rear built in sump?
Or am I restricted to only having a job algae scrubber

Yeah can be done. It might be a good idea to get rid of the return pump in the in-built sump if you were doing it though. Just return to the tank from the new sump below the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new