Refugium set up

  • Thread starter Thread starter noo2usa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

noo2usa

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Location
Athens, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished setting up a small refugium for my 120g. I used sponge for dividers and threw some cheato in and plugged in a metal light reflector with a 6500k, 13w flourescent light bulb. So far so good I think. Any advice on anything else I can do?:neutral:
 
Area is about 18x12 about 8" deep. And the bulb is an open spiral.
uploadfromtaptalk1336949944610.jpg


Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
 
Open spiral can shatter if wet. I would Look for an r40 cfl. That way it's enclosed. Also up the wattage. 5k color range is optimal.
Mine is 14x13 with a 23w r40 5k. Equivalent to a 120w bulb. Home depot carries them.

Daylight color home depot bulb is 5100k
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336954567.967486.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new