Refugium

Whysosalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I’m looking to buy a refugium/sump setup, what brand do you recommend. I like the eshopps R-100 for my 60 gallon cube. Please give me suggestions and how your setup is and why you like it. Thanks!!!

Matthew Frost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the R-300 and I really like it. The only complaint I have is the inlet chamber is not accessible for cleaning.

OP
OP
Whysosalty

Whysosalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the bigger complaints on this sump is the acrylic thickness. Are you having any trouble with that at all?

Jacob Fawley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I’m looking to buy a refugium/sump setup, what brand do you recommend. I like the eshopps R-100 for my 60 gallon cube. Please give me suggestions and how your setup is and why you like it. Thanks!!!
I have the Trigger Crystal 30 sump. Good build quality and simple. Decent sized middle section for fuge and plenty of skimmer space. It also happens to be the biggest I can fit. It's pretty minimalistic, but there are media trays in the 2nd baffle. The sump you mentioned does seem like a good option as well and roughly the same price point. Here's a link to my sump: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/crystal-sump-30-trigger-systems.html

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back