Regal angel and copper

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
824
Location
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for all the qt questions guys, I'm still learning here. So I made an impulse buy, sort of today. I've been looking for a small, healthy regal angel so seemed to have found one. I paid only $40 and he's about the size of a half dollar. I have him in qt currently. Are these guys ok with copper once they have a healthy appetite?
 
I believe it will be fine if you go slowly. Of course, you know the guy to talk to about getting angels through copper is @3FordFamily
 
Sorry for all the qt questions guys, I'm still learning here. So I made an impulse buy, sort of today. I've been looking for a small, healthy regal angel so seemed to have found one. I paid only $40 and he's about the size of a half dollar. I have him in qt currently. Are these guys ok with copper once they have a healthy appetite?
Yup I've gotten a total of three through cupramine levels 2-3x recommended dose without any issues at all. I haven't tried copper power or coppersafe but I imagine they're fine as well. Make sure it eats first then increase the levels of copper slowly over the course of 5-7 days.
 
yes, eating prior to treatment is crucial, especially at such a small size when he does not have the fat reserves/stores to carry him through perhaps any suppression of appetite or hiccups. any photos you can share? what foods are you trying?
 
yes, eating prior to treatment is crucial, especially at such a small size when he does not have the fat reserves/stores to carry him through perhaps any suppression of appetite or hiccups. any photos you can share? what foods are you trying?
I can pics when I get home. I've tried live black worms, nori, mysis and raw fish eggs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new