Regal Still Has Stringy Poop

gonefishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been 21 days in QT of feeding him mysis with Focus, GC, Selecon, and Garlic. Regal still has stringy poop. Should I continue treatment or should try something else?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been 21 days in QT of feeding him mysis with Focus, GC, Selecon, and Garlic. Regal still has stringy poop. Should I continue treatment or should try something else?

How are you preparing the food?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen mysis in a cup, 1 scoop of Focus, 1 Scoop GC, a few drop of Selecon and Garlic. I let it sit for 30 minutes to let it thaw. Then I mix everything.
How much mysis?

OP
OP
gonefishin

gonefishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much GC are you adding to the food?

You might need to switch to something like fenbendazole.
I'm using the scoop spoon that comes with the Focus. 1 scoop focus, 1 scoop GC and about thumbsize piece of mysis

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I make my own, I use 2 scoops of GC to 1 scoop of focus, to 2 cubes of frozen PE mysis. The concentration of metro is less in GC than metroplex, though others have been successful with only 1:1 ratio of GC/Focus. Just personal preference.

Also, thaw and drain the food first... don’t want a lot of excess water. I use a couple drops of vita-chem to make it more “wet” and easier to mix. Make sure you mix it well and let it sit for at least 20-30 minutes prior to feeding.

OP
OP
gonefishin

gonefishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I make my own, I use 2 scoops of GC to one scoop of focus, to 2 cubes of frozen PE mysis. The concentration of metro is less in GC than metroplex, though others have been successful with only 1:1 ratio of GC/Focus. Just personal preference.

Also, thaw and drain the food first... don’t want a lot of excess water. I use a couple drops of vita-chem to make it more “wet” and easier to mix. Make sure you mix it well and let it sit for at least 20-30 minutes prior to feeding.
I will try draining mysis first. I have metro, should I use that instead?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try draining mysis first. I have metro, should I use that instead?

You could try it... or just up your dosage a bit. The nice thing about GC is it treats worms and flagellates. But, metroplex packs a stronger punch to the flagellates specifically.

Also fenbendazole, like @HotRocks mentioned, treats prazi-resistant worms and flagellates as well, I believe.

OP
OP
gonefishin

gonefishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try it... or just up your dosage a bit. The nice thing about GC is it treats worms and flagellates. But, metroplex packs a stronger punch to the flagellates specifically.

Also fenbendazole, like @HotRocks mentioned, treats prazi-resistant worms and flagellates as well, I believe.
Can I mix 2 scoops of GC and Fenbendozole? Or is that over kill?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I mix 2 scoops of GC and Fenbendozole? Or is that over kill?

I think if you are going with the fenbendazole I’d just use that. I’m honestly not sure if there would be any adverse reactions using both, but since it works well by itself not sure it’s worth the risk to find out ;)

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use fen plus metro, but not general cure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gonefishin

gonefishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received the Fenbendozole. Direction says to mix a packet with 4oz of food for 3 days. Do I have to make sure fish finish the 4oz or most of it for the treatment to be successful?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back