Regular or XL Feed Door?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

atp0726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to decide which door to get on a lid for my reefer 350. Not much online about the difference and very few pictures. A small part of me worries about the larger door blocking more light but might be a non-issue. Any feedback on preference?

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which brand lid? Do you want to be able to reach in the tank without removing the whole lid? The XL would be more useful that way. The regular door you might reach straight down but not much to the sides. Different makers have different size doors too.
the doors are clear so I don’t think size will affect light blockage much.

OP
OP
A

atp0726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which brand lid? Do you want to be able to reach in the tank without removing the whole lid? The XL would be more useful that way. The regular door you might reach straight down but not much to the sides. Different makers have different size doors too.
the doors are clear so I don’t think size will affect light blockage much.
The clear view/artfully acrylic brand, Tsunami. I would probably use the door mainly for feeding and just remove for maintenance. However, if I had the option to not remove for maintenance that might be a nice feature...

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my order in the mail the other day for my marineland 65. The regular is 3x5”so enough room to reach straight in. The XL is 11x4” so quite a bit longer. They make them that size to double as an overflow lid. You might consider an XL on the rear if you want to access the reefer overflow cover with removing the whole lid. I would also consider the Pisces.

The feed door doesn’t drop flush with the lid. The 2 tabs keep it from dropping thru the cutout. My other lid, the door edge is routed so it is flush with the cutout. With 2 finger grips routed in the lid to grab it.

I have the toplids on my 425xl reefer.

E1626353-A0E2-4BEC-ACC2-2221133E5BC9.jpeg

mudbugmike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe a long shot but I am looking at getting the same lid for the same tank (reefer 350). What'd you end up doing and do you like it?

Ready to hit order but I can't decide on the feeding door size.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back