Relatively new reefer

New reefer here too. Some of the best advice I have got so far is keep up on water changes and do not make big changes fast but over a period of time. A good routine to check parameters and make a note of them. Once a week. A good diverse mix of a clean up crew. Cleaner ship. Emerald crabs and some pods. I would check out algae barn for some galaxy pods and then some good bacteria like pink or purple coralline algae which says should help with some nuisance algae. Good luck ! https://www.algaebarn.com/
I appreciate it!
 
Curved R2R Welcome 3-31-23 2.0.png
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!
Welcome.gif
 
Welcome 2 the Reef :)
coralline algae growth look nice, it took my tank 2 years and 4 tangs to take care of the green algae. Sailfin x2, foxface, tomini - no bubble algae either :)
Thank you! I have my tomini working overtime
 
Hey guys! I’ve been reefing for a year now and it’s been a rollercoaster to say the least. First six months were great, last six months have been a headache. I’m not giving up though, and I created this account to learn as much as possible. My tank seems to be finally taking a turn for the better and my goal is to keep it that way. Attached are a couple of photos of where I stand today. Still dealing with this weird algae but overall much better than a month ago. Any tips or tricks are much appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

IMG_0007.jpeg IMG_0666.jpeg IMG_0669.jpeg
Pretty tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new