Relatively new to reefing and R2R

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I’m Nancy and my husband is Dave. We had a fish only, no live rock marine aquarium about 30 years ago and have wanted another ever since. We finally decided to take the “plunge” (pun intended) and started researching and purchasing supplies over time. During my research I found Atlanta Reef Club and joined. Very much enjoying that community as they are a really terrific group of people and have been super supportive and helpful. They reference R2R frequently so I checked it out several months ago and joined but have mostly been just reading other’s posts. A lot of great info on this site!!
We started a 125g and due to my fear of unwanted pests we started off with dead, dry rock and the CaribSea live sand. If I had it to do over again I would use at least half, if not all live rock. Battling dinos right now, on day 3 of blackout. Wish us luck as I don’t know want to be battling this forever.
Thanks for the great forum! I love the Polls and articles! Thanks for help I’ve received this far during my mostly lurking time.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! We're glad you're here!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
ALWAYS feel free to ask questions or even confirm advice given to you from your local pet store !

welcome16.gif

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I’m Nancy and my husband is Dave. We had a fish only, no live rock marine aquarium about 30 years ago and have wanted another ever since. We finally decided to take the “plunge” (pun intended) and started researching and purchasing supplies over time. During my research I found Atlanta Reef Club and joined. Very much enjoying that community as they are a really terrific group of people and have been super supportive and helpful. They reference R2R frequently so I checked it out several months ago and joined but have mostly been just reading other’s posts. A lot of great info on this site!!
We started a 125g and due to my fear of unwanted pests we started off with dead, dry rock and the CaribSea live sand. If I had it to do over again I would use at least half, if not all live rock. Battling dinos right now, on day 3 of blackout. Wish us luck as I don’t know want to be battling this forever.
Thanks for the great forum! I love the Polls and articles! Thanks for help I’ve received this far during my mostly lurking time.

Welcome to the addiction! :)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 7.9%
Back