Relatively new to reefing and R2R

Doglips56

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2020
Messages
650
Reaction score
571
Location
Dacula
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I’m Nancy and my husband is Dave. We had a fish only, no live rock marine aquarium about 30 years ago and have wanted another ever since. We finally decided to take the “plunge” (pun intended) and started researching and purchasing supplies over time. During my research I found Atlanta Reef Club and joined. Very much enjoying that community as they are a really terrific group of people and have been super supportive and helpful. They reference R2R frequently so I checked it out several months ago and joined but have mostly been just reading other’s posts. A lot of great info on this site!!
We started a 125g and due to my fear of unwanted pests we started off with dead, dry rock and the CaribSea live sand. If I had it to do over again I would use at least half, if not all live rock. Battling dinos right now, on day 3 of blackout. Wish us luck as I don’t know want to be battling this forever.
Thanks for the great forum! I love the Polls and articles! Thanks for help I’ve received this far during my mostly lurking time.
 
Welcome to R2R!!! We're glad you're here!

Clownfish.gif
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
pics!!!..we all love pics.. :)
 
ALWAYS feel free to ask questions or even confirm advice given to you from your local pet store !

welcome16.gif
 
Hi all! I’m Nancy and my husband is Dave. We had a fish only, no live rock marine aquarium about 30 years ago and have wanted another ever since. We finally decided to take the “plunge” (pun intended) and started researching and purchasing supplies over time. During my research I found Atlanta Reef Club and joined. Very much enjoying that community as they are a really terrific group of people and have been super supportive and helpful. They reference R2R frequently so I checked it out several months ago and joined but have mostly been just reading other’s posts. A lot of great info on this site!!
We started a 125g and due to my fear of unwanted pests we started off with dead, dry rock and the CaribSea live sand. If I had it to do over again I would use at least half, if not all live rock. Battling dinos right now, on day 3 of blackout. Wish us luck as I don’t know want to be battling this forever.
Thanks for the great forum! I love the Polls and articles! Thanks for help I’ve received this far during my mostly lurking time.

Welcome to the addiction! :)
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new