Reliable fake anemone?

leighla wolf

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2020
Messages
254
Reaction score
320
Location
Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any fake anemones (plastic or 3D printed maybe?) that they’ve used in tanks that don’t melt or kill their fish? I’ve heard horror stories about fake anemones but also with a nano tank that has acros have limited space. Please post links below if possible!
 
Why dont u just get a coral that looks like an anemone? (Torch, goniopora, etc)
 
Algae tends to grow on the plastic fake nem and it won't look great.

I agree that if you want a host for clowns, a frogspawn or such may work.
 
Duncan work great for clowns, inexpensive and look nice
BD1C98F3-564E-4AB8-80AC-42B6FF932ACB.jpeg
 
So I had a 7 headed Duncan that the little guys constantly irritated to the point that it was almost never open. They won’t touch the torch in my tank, but any small patch of algae and they’re on it.
 
Anything will make them happy. "looking for a host" won't work because they host what they want so I wouldn't go out spending all my money on frogspawns. I put my clownfish in a QT tank once and they hosted the heater and tried to feed it. Every day food would be sitting next to the heater.
 
Anything will make them happy. "looking for a host" won't work because they host what they want so I wouldn't go out spending all my money on frogspawns. I put my clownfish in a QT tank once and they hosted the heater and tried to feed it. Every day food would be sitting next to the heater.
So mine don’t try and feed any of the corals. They’re pigs and even though I feed them twice a day they’ll hit any/all my corals aggressively to make them “throw up” their reef roids to eat that too. If I didn’t love the little buggers so much I’d do coral only hahs
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new