Remaining davinci clown on the way out

TX_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening. After researching a number of threads, I am still at a loss for what's going on with my remaining davinci clown. Tank started in May, cycled until late July. Pair purchased @ LFS along with 2 cleaner shrimp. No confrontation, went well until losing smaller mate to ich 5 weeks ago.

Remaining one favoring bottom of tank but what I noticed more than anything is collapsed dorsal and pec fins. They never come out. Clown is feeding normally on flakes, not hammering frozen as much as usual (every other day). Had a small ammonia problem 3 weeks ago, corrected since. Water parameters normal now. I see no outward signs of disease/parasite, fish did great starting immediately on introducing to tank.

Any ideas?? Not sure what direction to go from here or to let nature run its course.

Attachments

• video.mp4
    20.3 MB

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has a deformed head for sure. But it also looks like hes battling the current in the tank.

OP
OP
T

TX_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has a deformed head for sure. But it also looks like hes battling the current in the tank.
Over time seemed to develop an "underbite" for lack of a better term. No idea what causes unfortunately

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinknits just a deformity that is being more pronounced as it grows. Was it from a reputable place?

OP
OP
T

TX_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know, both did well first 8 weeks.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back