Remote sump reefer 625 xxl?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Was wondering if anyone has done a remote sump on a reefer 625 - 750XXL? If so please post pictures! :) The sump will be on the same floor so not going down a level :)

My plan is to convert the standard PVC and drilling the back of the cabinet. As i see it option 1 (red circles) would suit me the best. Problem is that the back part of the cabinet is two parts, most of the strenght of the upper part side to side will be negated

IMG_2026.jpg

Any thought and or examples would be great!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How close to the tank were you thinking of placing the sump? (I'm assuming you're going to use the stock Red Sea sump - just relocate it elsewhere? Do you have an aerial view?

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How close to the tank were you thinking of placing the sump? (I'm assuming you're going to use the stock Red Sea sump - just relocate it elsewhere? Do you have an aerial view?
Its just behind a wall so say 50 cm away, i will not use the stocksump i believe. Its gonna be a big system with two fragtanks, 1 large bin (like brute) thats about 650 litre. So fragtanks + bin will hold 900 litres total and i doubt the stock sump will handle the volum coming back at a poweroutage to good.

Namnlös.png

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could probably just reverse the stock plumbing and run it out the back - unless the hole in the wall is lower than the current cutout in the stand.
that wont work since the pipes need a broader opening in the bench hence i need to drill anyway

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back