Remote Sump / Running pipe through wall

ReefChef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody, I need some of your knowledge! I'm in the planning stages of a 225 gallon tank. I've already had a fish room built in our garage, behind the wall that the tank will be sitting on. So the tank and sump will be back to back, with the wall between them. My plan is to run the pipes through the wall directly into the sump. I would like to know if anyone has done something like this, and what would be the best way to accomplish this task. Any insight and pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody, I need some of your knowledge! I'm in the planning stages of a 225 gallon tank. I've already had a fish room built in our garage, behind the wall that the tank will be sitting on. So the tank and sump will be back to back, with the wall between them. My plan is to run the pipes through the wall directly into the sump. I would like to know if anyone has done something like this, and what would be the best way to accomplish this task. Any insight and pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sheet rock wall?
I have never done this but it's pretty straightforward. I plan to do this when I buy my new house. Just got to make sure you don't run into any wires. And my current house my sump is in the basement below my tank. I just ran the pipe through the sheetrock in down into the basement. I had to run three holes, one return, one emergency and one main drain.

OP
OP
R

ReefChef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your response. Yes, it's just sheetrock.

I was just trying to see some pictures, and see if anyone else had used like the little plastic pass through doors from home depot.. It's basically just a plastic trim piece, that you can then run your pipes through.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back