Removing a six line

Undertaker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2016
Messages
313
Reaction score
182
Location
Spring Hill, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a six line wrasse I have been trying to get out of my tank. so I can by some nudi's to get ride of aiptasia. does anyone have a suggestions on how I can remove it? Thanks in Advance
 
I have a six line wrasse I have been trying to get out of my tank. so I can by some nudi's to get ride of aiptasia. does anyone have a suggestions on how I can remove it? Thanks in Advance
I have a six line and a lettuce nudi and it hasn't messed with it all I've found the nudi in my power head about 5 times
 
It took over a day to catch a six line out of my tank with a trap. He was a smart little bugger and would not venture inside. I bought the trap, but my LFS has one that they loan out. If you don’t want to buy one, it might be worth a call to your LFS.
 
Before you buy a trap take a plastic coke bottle, cut off the top then invert it into the bottom making a reverse funnel. Place the bottle in your aquarium for like a day to get the wrasse used to it. Then you just squirt some food in the bottle, stand back and watch for the wrasse to go in. I just caught two wrasses from different tanks using this method, one was a sixline. Mine pretty much went right in. If you wanna up your chances skip feeding the tank for a day or two and he will be nice and hungry.
 
I have a six line wrasse I have been trying to get out of my tank. so I can by some nudi's to get ride of aiptasia. does anyone have a suggestions on how I can remove it? Thanks in Advance

6 lines can go after inverts but it's a pretty rare case. Have you seen it go after snails and hermits?
 
Had a 6 line in my 18" cubed nano. Put in 5 pepermint shimp. All aptasia gone in 3 weeks. Had well over 100. 6 line never bothered them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new