Removing background paint

FortReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. I picked up a new tank and it has a painted background. The paint is falling off around The bulkhead fittings but is really stuck on in the rest of the area. What’s my best bet for removing it
1DA09E19-B14C-4169-A542-D3C5DA48E828.jpeg

Thanks!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Probably a razor scraper
serveimage

+1.

Use a sharp new blade and change out the blades often if the paint doesn’t come off easily.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, as everyone has already said it, I wanted to add a quick #WelcimetoR2R

I did want to add a few quick helper tips I used in the past. A hair dryer or heat gun on a low setting (it is a glass tank) will help soften the paint a bit to work a small area at a time. Keeping the area wet will help reduce the chance of scratching. Using a scraper with a handle will reduce hand fatigue, and a rounded edge will also help reduce scratches.

just some things I have come across. Stop by meet and greet if you like to say hi, or start a build thread so we can watch you build the tank.

OP
OP
FortReef

FortReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice worked like a charm
45B0892D-CDAE-40BE-A5EE-A72ABC3DA3BF.jpeg
08578EA7-A9AA-488A-95EA-5DDBA6219870.jpeg

Hello, as everyone has already said it, I wanted to add a quick #WelcimetoR2R

I did want to add a few quick helper tips I used in the past. A hair dryer or heat gun on a low setting (it is a glass tank) will help soften the paint a bit to work a small area at a time. Keeping the area wet will help reduce the chance of scratching. Using a scraper with a handle will reduce hand fatigue, and a rounded edge will also help reduce scratches.

just some things I have come across. Stop by meet and greet if you like to say hi, or start a build thread so we can watch you build the tank.

Thanks for the welcome. Been on here a while but this is my first tank in a few years. Definitely excited about this one. Lots of pics so far going to start a thread soon.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back