Removing center jam on stand

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30inch (29G) sump i would like to install in this stand, but it will not enter from the back or front. 48inch span on stand, 75g display tank.

There are 2x4 studs, 4 on the front and back, 2 on the sidea. I am prett sure this center piece is only jecessary as a jam, but wanted other opinions on removing support from the center leaving 2ft unsupported span in the center.

The top is 4 2x4s that are 49x19 rectangle.

20220925_190636.jpg 20220925_191153.jpg

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be fine to remove it. That stand can carry a lot of weight. I agree that its probably just there to function as a style for the doors. Try cutting it out as nicely as possible and you could probably pocket screw it back into place for peace of mind if you wanted to.

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be fine to remove it. That stand can carry a lot of weight. I agree that its probably just there to function as a style for the doors. Try cutting it out as nicely as possible and you could probably pocket screw it back into place for peace of mind if you wanted to.
Thank you!!

It actually actually is already pocket jigged and screwed in on the inside. Do you think it might mess with any structural integrity to just install it with the screws facing out for easier removal? In its current configuration i don't think it would be possible to unscrew it with the sump within the unit.

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
imo all that centre stuff is purely for the door to seat up agianst and for the centre gap to disappear...imo you can delete them all together... all care no responsiblity

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back