Removing leather from rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter jrawk1120
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jrawk1120

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2015
Messages
246
Reaction score
128
Location
MA/CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this little finger leather a few months ago. I plopped it in my tank and it does well.

We (wife and i) started being able to add coral to the tank and she got the itch and washed a bigger tank. So I did not put up a fight.

Now I'm transferring things over from my 90 to the new 180.

Problem is, this leather is on the large piece of rock in my 90g. I don't want the rocks from that tank in the new one.

How can I remove the little guy from the rock safely?
 
hi,can just clean cut as close to base as possible,best way i have found to reattatch to chunk of live rock, is needle and thread about 1" above cut :)
 
hi,can just clean cut as close to base as possible,best way i have found to reattatch to chunk of live rock, is needle and thread about 1" above cut :)
The knifing it off just makes me feel bad even though they likely don’t care. Dip it to avoid infection! Very good point about the needle and thread but I am more of a tooth pick and rubber band guy lol
 
Thanks everybody. I figured a clean blade would be the way to go! I've done it in the past, but figured I'd check if any new methods came about
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new