Removing Marine Pure Spheres

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I had no clue about that. I'd read the posts speculating in the past, but never saw a "definitive" conclusion.

So what's the consensus of the community on these? I have a bag of the gems in my rear sump chamber, mainly because I wanted to have something to transfer to a future tank to aid in cycling process. Is there are better product to use that doesn't leach Aluminum? Do we even care about the Aluminum if there's nothing wrong?

I fear ICP tests may make people worry about problems that aren't problems. I know I'm this way with parameters... I get freaked out when everything isn't perfect then have to remind myself that the tests have a margin of error and the inhabitants have been fine.
I am not advocating for MarinePure to be used willy nilly per se, just that personally I never experienced long term negative side effects of using Marine Pure. Maybe it just depends on the species I chose, or maybe it really is not that toxic. Maybe I use far less MarinePure than others. But just wanted to share my experience.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back