Removing Reefer 350 weir pipes

r2r-gif-welcome.gif
 
Howdy

A strap wrench like for a small oil filter as said above.
Last resort is to drill a hole thru the pipe and insert a rod thru it so you can get more leverage
 
Wipe the top down and make sure they are dry, a good set of rubber gloves should give you a better grip!
Unfortunately already doing that!!
 
Howdy

A strap wrench like for a small oil filter as said above.
Last resort is to drill a hole thru the pipe and insert a rod thru it so you can get more leverage
Crikey, but may come to that. Been 36hours without main circulation now.
 
Dremel the bottom of the bulkhead so that the nut can be removed. Pull the pipe from above, replace the whole assembly with new. Don't glue down the pipe into the bulkhead.

I just had to do this on my 220 gallon relocation to the basement.
 
I know I mentioned this already but after seeing the picture I still think it might be the right tool - do you have (or have access to) a basin wrench?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basin_wrench
YAY!! After 48 hours my other half bought and sacrificed a strap wrench/ratchet ( strap far too long for the job!!) and applied more upper body strength than I’ve seen for a while
 
YAY!! After 48 hours my other half bought and sacrificed a strap wrench/ratchet ( strap far too long for the job!!) and applied more upper body strength than I’ve seen for a while

Congratulations on the win! Nice work!
 
Hi from Cambridge, UK,
I've had a reefer 350 for about 5 years and mostly all going fine until yesterday :(:(. The pipework under the weir started to leak quite badly and although I've emptied the weir and dismantled the sump-side pipework I cannot unscrew the central and right hand pipework in the weir itself. Has anyone any suggestions how I can release them please?
Hey Peeps,
Thank you all so much. A strap wrench/ratchet and a bit of muscle finally did the trick. Just trying to rebalance the flow now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new