Renato's 120g reef

Today I re scape it the rock work, took me a few hours to get it done close to what I want it to look like it. Not 100% but much better in my opnion. Im happy for now! Who knows tomorrow lol...
Before:
IMG_2545.JPG

After
IMG_2543.JPG
 
What did you put underneath the stand and why? Getting ready for a new tank 100gal) placed on carpet and wondering are ther any issues having it on a soft less stable surface.
 
What did you put underneath the stand and why? Getting ready for a new tank 100gal) placed on carpet and wondering are ther any issues having it on a soft less stable surface.
No issues placing it on the carpet. Make sure the tank is leveled. Mine is on the carpet as well, with no pads. The bad thing about placing it on top of carpets is the salt. Hard to clean. I bought those comp mats to put on top of it in front of the tank only.
 
Absolutely beautiful. I love what you have done with the new Aquascape. It is now one of the best tanks I have ever seen. I know you were struggling with SPS before what do you attribute your success with them now to? Thanks and take care
 
Yep! I only have a few zoas there now. Sold all my acans.

Yea you nailed it. Too many people put to much on their sand bed and try to pack too many coral with no negative space. It just ends up looking cluttered. It looks perfect with the boomies and a few corals on each. Your purple stylophora is gorgeous.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new