Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kiiiiiiind of.....

6 oz Fettucini noodles, dry
1/3 c Milk substitute (or even tofutti sour cream)
2 tbsp Cornstarch
1/2 c Cream cheese substitute
2 cloves Garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Black pepper (freshly ground)
1 small Onion, sliced
1/2 tsp Thyme, dry
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
Salt, to taste
Olive oil spray
3 Bell peppers, assorted colors (red, green, yellow)
1/2 Red onion, large
3 Garlic cloves, minced
8 oz Mushrooms, chopped
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1 c Veggie broth
5 Green onions, chopped
2 tbs parsley, chopped

rbtmcardle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.......but I believe it's cancer that will get me. I have to get ready for the fight my genes tell me is in my future.

I devour books on nutrition/diet hacks as I have what is probably a genetics driven insulin resistance and Hashimoto thyroid disease (autoimmune) I have also recently been reading a lot on therapeutic water/coffee only fasts. Quarterly I go five full days with no food. It's surprisingly easy. Apart from big pharma driving docs to prescribe drugs..the movement to actually heal rather than treat is gaining a lot of momentum. Out intestine health has an incredible effect on our overall well being.

Cancer as a Metabolic Disease - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3941741/

Dr. Jason Fung has written several books on fasting.

Dietdoctor.com is another great resource.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have hashimotos as well. That may be one of the cancers that gets me. They said I've had it so long and it is so lumpy and sick, it's a huge risk. OH well.

Thanks for the readings.

Monkeytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I'm trying to give up all refined sugar for starters. I ate way too much of it. Greasy fattening foods always hurt my stomach since I was a child, so I tend to stay away from that. I eat pretty healthy otherwise and this is my last vice. My doctor didn't ask me to do this, but I honestly consumed more than the normal person.

One reason this is so hard is because I'm used to drinking hot tea with carnation evaporated milk and tons and tons of sugar. Evidently, as a baby I was given 1/2 strength Evaporated tin milk instead of formula, so I've been drinking it since day 1. When I used to get pains in my stomach as a child (which was often) my Mom would make me a hot cup of tea. Every night before bed, everyone in my province had toast and hot tea as a means of coming together. I think it's buried deep within my psyche at this point, and I'm greatly missing my comforting friend very much.

I think I could give any adult a run for their money when it comes to eating sugar. I need to stop too. Every day I say I will cut back tomorrow, so it's okay to splurge today. Every. Single. Day.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back