Renee has given up sugar...

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably die if I gave up sugar :p I have not been a soda drinker for years, but I love candy and tasty coffees!

I hope you can stay away from it. I know its bad and wish I had your will power :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Renee, stop eating all of the food that my food eats. What are they going to eat?

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Renee I hear you on the sugar. I have also cut way back on my intake on it. I used to down about a 2 liter of soda a day. I however can not use any artificial sweeteners and the weird thing is that includes Stevia for some reason as they all are a seizure trigger for me. I so far have lost about 40 Lbs. in 2 months have 160 more to go yeah I am a bit overweight. However I am not giving up. I look at it this way I have a simple choice give up the sugar or be in the ground.

40 lbs is brilliant!! Excellent work. I can't even imagine how much sugar I would have consumed if I liked soda. I did put a lot in my coffee, however, but it's easier to cut that out than it is to change drinks altogether. I don't do sweeteners. I'm looking at it as "give up sugar or be in the ground too", but I believe it's cancer that will get me. I have to get ready for the fight my genes tell me is in my future.

I would probably die if I gave up sugar :p I have not been a soda drinker for years, but I love candy and tasty coffees!

I hope you can stay away from it. I know its bad and wish I had your will power :)

It's not getting any easier. Thanks!

Oh man, I just saw this and it made me hungry!!!! That looks so good!

And then I saw this... I'm good now. I can wait till lunch! ;Yuck

Bahahahahahahahaha! So, I shouldn't set a place for you at he table?

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Renee, I'll be thinking about ya when I'm BBQ'ing brats & burgers for the hotel tonight (don't ask lol).

I definitely couldn't do no sugar and no meat. No sugar maybe if you don't count alcohol, but definitely need good steaks, burgers and pork. After all if we weren't meant to eat them, why did God make them so tasty. :D

Renee, stop eating all of the food that my food eats. What are they going to eat?

I'm actually not a vegetarian. I was for 7 years with breaks twice a year (went home for vacations and ate EVERYTHING). I'm not just a big meat fan, so I tend to lean away from those choices. If I mess with raw meat too much in the preparation part, I won't eat it when it's cooked. If I get an odd smell, I'm done. It all goes back to my Mom taking me to a slaughter house when I was young. I wasn't supposed to go and I certainly wasn't supposed to go in, but I did. My mom curses the day because she swears it made her life so much harder. LOL!

Except for the darn sugar, I eat pretty well.

We actually didn't have the burgers last night, as they need to be frozen overnight before they hit the grill. Last night was this delicious Mexican Stew..... meat free. LOL!

Mexican Stew.jpg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was told i needed to lower my blood sugar about 3 months ago. I drank soda every day, 2-3 times a day for 25+ years and it finally caught up to me. (I am only 36) it's amazing how much sugar is in a coke. i think your daily recommended value is 35g for men and 30 for women. a 20oz coke has 65, and I was drinking 3 plus other sweets. I haven't had a soda in 3 month, and I honestly don't miss it. I drink ice tea unsweetened and lots of water. i heard bia' is good as it has stivia which is better for you then any other artificial sweetner. big thing with sugars is carbs. carbs break down into sugars, so brown rice and wheat bread are good choices. Apples are good too, with natural peanut butter and the fiber in the apple skin allows a slow release of the natural sugar in there to be released over time. there are several no sugar added or sugar free ice cream novelties that actually taste good, and have low or zero sugar. I try to watch my sugar intake every day, and I splurge on things like mini reeses cups, or a cookie now and then, but you can't go crazy. the reeses minis, the unwrapped tiny ones have 2g of sugar so I eat 2 just to satisfy the craving for candy. it's really worked, and i use to eat an entire bag of mike an ikes plus two sodas, and a pop tart at work on some days. I also like the belvita soft bakes for breakfast, especially the bananna banana bread one. it's got 9g of sugar but alot of fiber so it controls that release into your blood stream. Good luck with your cut back!

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually not a vegetarian. I was for 7 years with breaks twice a year (went home for vacations and ate EVERYTHING).

My now wife was trying to do vegetarian for 6 months in college. One drunken night I plied her with burgers.... well, I was also drunk so I over thawed the frozen beef in the microwave so they became sloppy Joes. Broke her at 5 months and change.

We started dating shortly after. :)

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say, your food presentation is magnificent....(with the exception of the bean burgers....they just don't look appetizing. :() My one daughter graduated from culinary school and you can actually get a degree as a Food Stylist. So great job in presentation.....and a very nice selection of bowls and ramekins. :D

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was told i needed to lower my blood sugar about 3 months ago. I drank soda every day, 2-3 times a day for 25+ years and it finally caught up to me. (I am only 36) it's amazing how much sugar is in a coke. i think your daily recommended value is 35g for men and 30 for women. a 20oz coke has 65, and I was drinking 3 plus other sweets. I haven't had a soda in 3 month, and I honestly don't miss it. I drink ice tea unsweetened and lots of water. i heard bia' is good as it has stivia which is better for you then any other artificial sweetner. big thing with sugars is carbs. carbs break down into sugars, so brown rice and wheat bread are good choices. Apples are good too, with natural peanut butter and the fiber in the apple skin allows a slow release of the natural sugar in there to be released over time. there are several no sugar added or sugar free ice cream novelties that actually taste good, and have low or zero sugar. I try to watch my sugar intake every day, and I splurge on things like mini reeses cups, or a cookie now and then, but you can't go crazy. the reeses minis, the unwrapped tiny ones have 2g of sugar so I eat 2 just to satisfy the craving for candy. it's really worked, and i use to eat an entire bag of mike an ikes plus two sodas, and a pop tart at work on some days. I also like the belvita soft bakes for breakfast, especially the bananna banana bread one. it's got 9g of sugar but alot of fiber so it controls that release into your blood stream. Good luck with your cut back!

I hope I never have to watch my sugar that carefully. I love white rice, sushi rice actually, so it would suck to have to give that up.

My now wife was trying to do vegetarian for 6 months in college. One drunken night I plied her with burgers.... well, I was also drunk so I over thawed the frozen beef in the microwave so they became sloppy Joes. Broke her at 5 months and change.

We started dating shortly after. :)

My step daughter was vegetarian for 16 years. Showed up at the house one day with her first boyfriend and a bag containing a Carl's Jr burger. That's all it took for her to eat meat after all the dinner trauma we've had with her over the years.

I must say, your food presentation is magnificent....(with the exception of the bean burgers....they just don't look appetizing. :() My one daughter graduated from culinary school and you can actually get a degree as a Food Stylist. So great job in presentation.....and a very nice selection of bowls and ramekins. :D

LOL! Maybe that one will look better tonight after I cook it.

I love my little bowls and stuff!! Thanks for noticing :) I'm trying to get back into photography, but since my back surgery I'm still having trouble holding the camera correctly.

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...............I'm trying to get back into photography, but since my back surgery I'm still having trouble holding the camera correctly.

It's called a tripod! :rolleyes: :D

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually not a vegetarian. I was for 7 years with breaks twice a year (went home for vacations and ate EVERYTHING). I'm not just a big meat fan, so I tend to lean away from those choices. If I mess with raw meat too much in the preparation part, I won't eat it when it's cooked. If I get an odd smell, I'm done. It all goes back to my Mom taking me to a slaughter house when I was young. I wasn't supposed to go and I certainly wasn't supposed to go in, but I did. My mom curses the day because she swears it made her life so much harder. LOL!

Except for the darn sugar, I eat pretty well.

We actually didn't have the burgers last night, as they need to be frozen overnight before they hit the grill. Last night was this delicious Mexican Stew..... meat free. LOL!

Mexican Stew.jpg
Ughh... I need to go back and look at the bean burgers again. This looks amazing and is making my mouth water!!!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ughh... I need to go back and look at the bean burgers again. This looks amazing and is making my mouth water!!!

Wait to look at it after I BBQ and dress it up. I'm also making homemade rolls and my own sauce. That burger has everything I love in it... chipotle, cumin and cilantro. I thought it looked so good.... I'm now realizing I should hide it in the fridge until it's cooked if I plan on serving it to people. LOL!

Making some Veggie Broth....

making super.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's called a tripod! :rolleyes: :D

Tripods are great for certain circumstances, but no matter what you still have to bend. A tripod won't help you as you're leaning in and trying to get a good angle. I took a bunch of pictures with slightly differing positions and settings. A tripod would be too cumbersome. I'm used to using the environment for my tripod. My lens also has a nickname "The Brick" in the industry because it's kind of heavy, yet it's so SO sexy and worth it.

I think I'm going to work on my core strength some more and see if I can help it out a bit.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't ask, but I'll assume you had a debt to work off. :p

No, the lady who works in the kitchen at the hotel where we've been staying doesn't like to BBQ. But Wednesday is BBQ night (weather permitting). :D So, I cook out that night for her so we all get to eat BBQ. Hotel pays for the food & everything of course. I did get a free room upgrade out of it as a thank you. :)

I know, we've been staying in a hotel for far too long now. We know about the staff's personal lives and everything. :eek:

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you are good! That burger looks very eatable. I might even eat some of that Newfoundland fish lips dishes, if you could make them look this good!!!! ;Jawdrop

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be so easy for me :D I don't eat chocolate or candy. I rarely even eat ice cream or deserts... I even hate pie haha.

I love water, fruit, and crackers..... for easter I'd get fruit baskets... yup I was a very weird child... haha

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back