Renee has given up sugar...

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I could kick sugar - I like ALL the sugar. Refined/white, powdered, brown, cane sugar, beet sugar, corn syrup. ALL.

Best of luck!

sugar.jpg

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Renee, I had to quit Sugar last June. The first month was by far the worst. Now, I can't even stand the taste of it. Smoking has been quite the challenge for me though, I just can't seem to get off of them. Good luck and I'm rooting for you.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I could kick sugar - I like ALL the sugar. Refined/white, powdered, brown, cane sugar, beet sugar, corn syrup. ALL.

Best of luck!

sugar.jpg

LOL! YES!!!!! Corn syrup goes great on a spoon. Heck, who needs a spoon... it has an easy pour lid. O.O The only thing I'm not a big fan of is icing sugar. If they use too much and it's not fresh, it has a nasty cornstarch taste to it. I don't like cheap powdered sugar icing.

I have to admit, after pounding down 1/2 cup sugar the other day, I didn't feel so well. That was a first.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Renee, I had to quit Sugar last June. The first month was by far the worst. Now, I can't even stand the taste of it. Smoking has been quite the challenge for me though, I just can't seem to get off of them. Good luck and I'm rooting for you.

Smoking is a hard one. I went on Wellbutrin XL for depression. It made me kicking smoking. It was kind of weird.

Dude. The best thing that ever happened to me was kicking sugar

Really? It's so rough.....

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 biggest weaknesses are ice cream and booze. I doubt I could give either one up, or if I did, all of my employees would have a very bad week /month /year

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work Renee! Sugar is hard to give up. I tried and gave up on giving up haha. I'm working on smoking at the moment, when I'm comfortable with giving that up, I'll try giving up sugar again.
Seeing this thread made me start my own quit smoking thread haha.
Good luck!

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying a new snack...

watermelon snacks.jpg
Is that watermelon or some other melon variety? It's pure fructose with some water, and with the dehydrator you get rid of the pesky water stuff. I guess it's a letter spirit of the law kind of thing :p

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm not diabetic, so I'm not trying to avoid natural sugar. I'm trying to make healthier choices. Watermelon has lots of benefits that a spoonful of refined sugar doesn't have.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call, Renee. My wife keeps telling me that processed sugar causes cancer. I keep quoting George Carlin back to her: "What you gotta hope for you know, is that you get more than one cancer so they eat each other up instead of you." *SLAP*

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should rename this thread "Pictures of what I'm eating when all I want is a big spoonful of sugar".

BBQ Black Bean Burger
Black Bean Burger prep.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Renee, I'll be thinking about ya when I'm BBQ'ing brats & burgers for the hotel tonight (don't ask lol).

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely couldn't do no sugar and no meat. No sugar maybe if you don't count alcohol, but definitely need good steaks, burgers and pork. After all if we weren't meant to eat them, why did God make them so tasty. :D

ironeagle2006

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Renee I hear you on the sugar. I have also cut way back on my intake on it. I used to down about a 2 liter of soda a day. I however can not use any artificial sweeteners and the weird thing is that includes Stevia for some reason as they all are a seizure trigger for me. I so far have lost about 40 Lbs. in 2 months have 160 more to go yeah I am a bit overweight. However I am not giving up. I look at it this way I have a simple choice give up the sugar or be in the ground.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back