Renee has given up sugar...

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably easier to give up a kidney. not sure about having a baby, i'll have to defer to my wife on that one.

rbtmcardle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sugar free, ketogenic HFLC for almost a year. Had never felt better AND the blood work validated it. A1c 4.7, total cholesterol 130, bp down from 130/90 to 110/76.

I have read volumes of info and most recently Mindjng my Mitichondria and Cancer as a Metabolic disease. Fascinating how integral our gut health and insulin sensitivity impacts our overall health. I have easily gone 6 days on a water/black coffee fast. Not only is it pretty simple after the 2nd day it is easier each time I do it.

I did fall back into poor eating habits over the holidays as my father was in end stage Lewy Body dementia but am back right on track again. It is very empowering to be able to control what we eat rather then be controlled by hormonal reaction and the sugar cycle.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sugar free, ketogenic HFLC for almost a year. Had never felt better AND the blood work validated it. A1c 4.7, total cholesterol 130, bp down from 130/90 to 110/76.

I have read volumes of info and most recently Mindjng my Mitichondria and Cancer as a Metabolic disease. Fascinating how integral our gut health and insulin sensitivity impacts our overall health. I have easily gone 6 days on a water/black coffee fast. Not only is it pretty simple after the 2nd day it is easier each time I do it.

I did fall back into poor eating habits over the holidays as my father was in end stage Lewy Body dementia but am back right on track again. It is very empowering to be able to control what we eat rather then be controlled by hormonal reaction and the sugar cycle.

Awwww.... I'm sorry about your Pop.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very empowering to be able to control what we eat rather then be controlled by hormonal reaction and the sugar cycle.

Can you elaborate more on this? Unfortunately, I'm am poorly educated in this area. I've been trying to tell my wife about this for quite some time, but I know so little about it I don't even make a coherent argument. :/

rbtmcardle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate more on this? Unfortunately, I'm am poorly educated in this area. I've been trying to tell my wife about this for quite some time, but I know so little about it I don't even make a coherent argument. :/

I'll pm you some info...I'm not a doctor and I didn't sleep at a holiday in last night so ... caveat emptor

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a month I'm going to have to add a little back in because I don't know how to make sushi rice without it. I figure a month will get me over the addiction.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back