OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks ok. They will be better after they have had some time to settle in. My duncan tends to be temperamental.... closing at the slightest change near it. Usually opens right back up
Thank you! The Duncan seems to be looking better, but the candy cane hasn't opened up yet. Hopefully it will adjust and show its colors soon.

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome start Rene! Looks great! I like that you went with a blue background, not sure if it came that way or was by choice, but it's nice to see! (I personally prefer a blue or in my case it's almost white, but the lights make it blue!) Keep up the good work!

Love the fact that you have multiple QT's! ;)

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome start Rene! Looks great! I like that you went with a blue background, not sure if it came that way or was by choice, but it's nice to see! (I personally prefer a blue or in my case it's almost white, but the lights make it blue!) Keep up the good work!

Love the fact that you have multiple QT's! ;)
Thank you for looking Doug and for your input! The blue background was by choice and I love it! The multiple Qt's are a lot of work, but worth it!

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this picture of one of my snails!
Trochus Snail.jpg

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sad update today, I lost another Bangaii, I really don't know why.
My Candy Cane has still not opened up, but my Duncan is looking much better.
Aussie Duncan 3.jpg

Aussie Duncan Top Down QT.jpg

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baghaii's are bad shippers, I've heard. Duncan looks happy. Have you fed it yet?

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baghaii's are bad shippers, I've heard. Duncan looks happy. Have you fed it yet?
I think you heard right, the funny thing is that they both seemed to be doing okay. I'm transferring the second one into the next tank for TTM this morning, hopefully it will survive the QT and make it to my tank. I think the next fish I order will be through my LFS. It takes to long for things to get to my house when shipped UPS, I don't get them until after 5pm, FedEx is usually in the morning, but I can't always depend on that either.

I've fed the Duncan a couple of times, it really seems to enjoy the Mysis. I read that you should also feed Toadstool leathers meaty foods, not exactly sure how to do that without just having the food blown away in the water, it doesn't seem to grab the Mysis like the Duncan.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't bought fish online before so I can't comment. At least from a LFS they survived the trip. If you go a few days after the shipment you have some hope they'll make it. My duncans loved mysis. Never had a toadstool, I didn't know they ate anything :)

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They arrived on Thursday and seemed to be doing well last night. I just don't know! Definitely going LFS next time. Thanks!

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my new Reefbar Pro Full Spectrum LED light and Sunsetter timer from 21 LED USA. Will try and get it mounted tonight!
Reefbar Pro LED Frag Light - 21ledusa.com.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another Hitchhiker! This was stuck to the bottom of my frag tank! I think it might be a bivalve of some sort! Pictures were taken under 60x magnification! This little guy definitely moves around. I placed him back into my frag tank on the bottom, I went to look for it later and it had moved up the glass near the top of the tank.
Bottom
bivalve-bottom-jpg.309949

Side
bivalve-side-jpg.309950

bivalve-top-jpg.309953

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I take them with a mini scope that attaches to my phone!

TheWhiteFord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I have heard and seen in personal experience no, but then again there is a possibility I could be wrong. Just look at it after the light goes off tonight and see if it is out.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 143 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back