OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Nanny always spelled my name Renae. I guess she was sounding it out, because she only went to grade 2 or something like that. Mine is french as well.
Is yours a family name or was it also a Mom favorite?

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a "Nanny Favorite" from the French family that came to the Island. I'm Canadian.

EDIT: I assume it's just a favorite and that there was no French hanky panky going on!
Lol! You will probably never know! :) If you don't mind my asking, which Island?

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Newfoundland, but my family is from a tiny little Island called King Island. There's no one there now except summer cabins, as it was resettled to the main island in the 60s. My Grandma's house was floated on logs across the bay. My family are fisherman.

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to look that up! Floated over on logs, that's pretty cool! Thank you for sharing!

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had gsp before and it took over couldn't kill it trying to lol. Stuff we had was beyond tough I took frags for few people to swap in January here in Michigan and forgot there was few frags left in cooler. The cooler Sat outside in the snow rest of winter. Went to use cooler for another swap and found em tossed onto the topper of my truck beginning of June. Week later it had polyps extended in the milky water in the bags chilling in the sun lol. Said never again but may use your idea n try again it's a cool looking coral just invasive as all get out lol.

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had gsp before and it took over couldn't kill it trying to lol. Stuff we had was beyond tough I took frags for few people to swap in January here in Michigan and forgot there was few frags left in cooler. The cooler Sat outside in the snow rest of winter. Went to use cooler for another swap and found em tossed onto the topper of my truck beginning of June. Week later it had polyps extended in the milky water in the bags chilling in the sun lol. Said never again but may use your idea n try again it's a cool looking coral just invasive as all get out lol.
Wow, that is really hardy! Just like in a garden, the weeds flourish, but we have to work hard to get everything else to grow! I hope the magnet does its job, because it is a beautiful weed!;) I also think it would look great in your tank!

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an OXO brush to scrub off the rocks, I mentioned to my husband that I would like to make the handle longer. He takes the brush and goes and grabs a wand from an old set of blinds we used to have. He drilled a hole in the handle with the drill press, inserted the wand and I now have an awesome long handled rock scrubbing brush!
Rock%20Brush.jpg

Rock%20Brush%202.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son bought a new coral for me from DD it's a Wham'n Watermelon & Radioactive Dragon Eye on a 5.5" rock. It will be here today! Since I am using both of my 10g QT for my new fish, I needed to come up with a QT for the coral. I thought about using a plastic tote, then remembered the 2g cookie jar my son used for a terrarium. I found it, cleaned it out, added saltwater, heater and a small pump I had on hand and my 6500k LED light. I now have a coral QT, at least short term.
2g%20Cookie%20Jar%20QT.jpg

Last edited:

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gonna be restarting my 75 gallon in a month or so hopefully and moving all my livestock from my biocube, its nice to see someone else out there who has a 75g.

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gonna be restarting my 75 gallon in a month or so hopefully and moving all my livestock from my biocube, its nice to see someone else out there who has a 75g.
I also like to look at similar sized tanks! If you start a build thread post it back here, I would love to follow along!

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what my new Zoa's look like under a 6500k LED bulb. Bleh! It doesn't even look like the same coral! I need my new frag tank and a much better light!

Whamn%20Watermelon%20amp%20Radioactive%20Dragon%20Eye%20Under%205K.jpg

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great idea!

I bought an OXO brush to scrub off the rocks, I mentioned to my husband that I would like to make the handle longer. He takes the brush and goes and grabs a wand from an old set of blinds we used to have. He drilled a hole in the handle with the drill press inserted the wand and I now have an awesome long handled rock scrubbing brush!
Rock%20Brush.jpg

Rock%20Brush%202.jpg

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! Love your scrub brush. I've actually done the exact same thing, but used one of those scraper sticks. What I like about yours, is the angle of the brush. I must look into getting that. Mine's just a regular tooth brush.

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! Love your scrub brush. I've actually done the exact same thing, but used one of those scraper sticks. What I like about yours, is the angle of the brush. I must look into getting that. Mine's just a regular tooth brush.
Thanks! It works really well! I kind of wish that I had another one angled the other direction. I'm just trying to figure out what to use.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back