OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new One Spot Foxface and Blenny arrived today! They are both acclimated and in my QT. The Foxface has been spending time near the top of the tank, but then swims around slowly, I will be keeping a close eye on him. I also received 4 Astrea Snails and a Scarlet legged hermit. The hermit started chowing down on the algae as soon as I placed it in the tank and I assume the Astrea are doing the same! By the time I'm finishing this post I went down to check on everyone and the Foxface seems to be doing somewhat better!

One Spot Foxface - He didn't cooperate for pictures - It's hard to get a good picture of a moving fish in low light conditions!
Foxface%201st%20day%20QT3.jpg

Starry Blenny - Sat perfectly still!
Starry%201st%20day%20QT.jpg

Scarlet Hermit - Chowing down on algae!
Scarlet%201st%20day.jpg

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned something about the One Spot Foxface they can turn an awful color of gray and become very blotchy when stressed, unhappy and also when they sleep. Stressed me out when I first saw it, I thought it was on its death bed.:eek: They are also called a Blotched Rabbitfish, I had read this, but did not understand what it meant until I saw it first hand!

One%20Spot%20Foxface.jpg

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved our foxface. The day I got back from my honeymoon, I found him looking like that in the corner. It was so sad. What an easy fish to feed. He ate newspaper and ummmmmm..... "cleaned up after"other fish. O.O

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved our foxface. The day I got back from my honeymoon, I found him looking like that in the corner. It was so sad. What an easy fish to feed. He ate newspaper and ummmmmm..... "cleaned up after"other fish. O.O

Sorry you lost yours, mine already is showing quite a personality! He kind of freaks me out when he looks like that! He is doing better now, but I never know from one moment to the next!

What that little tan thing hiding in there?

Unknown YampG Zoa.jpg
That's just some algae, I had to zoom in and when I do everything shows up!:)

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just making sure it wasn't a tiny appy. I always seem to get a single appy in my zoas..... well, single until they invite their extended family.
Thanks, I'm trying to keep a close eye out for those, I had them in my tank before and I'm going to do my best to keep them out this time around!

OP
OP
drstratton

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The equipment cabinet looks great!!! Looks like everything else is doing very well!
Thank you and thanks for the inspiration that got me motivated! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm getting the algae outbreak under control, so yeah everything is doing pretty good!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back