OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the first container was rather purple, then an hour after hooking up the intake to the skimmer cup the purple pretty much disappeared. It was clear that container was rather humid. The second container was not as humid and has always been white. Once I see some purple in there I will swap them and refresh the first container.

So to answer your question..... I dont know :)

Wspangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Speaking of file fish, this beautiful girl was swimming around at the surface while I was snapping some pictures. She is looking good for approaching 6 years old!!

Almost 6 years old!
pk7mBuSh.jpg

0QKFle7h.jpg

WS9LsvDh.jpg
Very nice. How long do they normally live in someone tank? How long have you had him?

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CO2 scrubber update for those keeping score at home. The first reactor (6 cups of media) is getting really purple but is a bit hard to see with the humid moisture beading up on the inside. There still is no sign of purple in the second reactor (also 6 cups of media). I got the dual jumbo reactor in hopes of getting 1 or 2 weeks per reactor container and it looks like I should get at least that out of it.

I got a new ph probe and calibrated it. Here is the last 24 hours. Prior to the scrubber I rarely hit above 8.1 and most of the time was below 8. Now it bottoms out at 8.12 and averages 8.19 and maxes at 8.28! I am still adjusting my Alk dosing to the upside to try and dial in the increased demand.

eWwY0Gmh.png

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tamron AFF017N700 SP 90mm F/2.8 Di VC USD 1:1

It does take some getting used to. I borrowed a friends a few years ago and remembered some of the tricks. When photographing acros I think I will be putting them in the same spot that I have the Voodoo Magic, that was a good spot to shoot.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back