Renton's Evolution from 200 to 440 gallons

The world champion bbq'er continues his excellent work. The rim for the top of the tank is sitting on the stand in this picture.


 
The skin looks great. I've been considering doing the same to my 20g. Your tank just got me the approval from my wife. Thanks

Thanks! Any time I can help another hobbyist in negotiations with their spouse I am happy. Sometimes I need all the help I can get when the hobby and my wife collide :) And this stand skin has gotten me and the hobby some brownie points from my wife (which i am sure I will use up quickly).

Incredible in every aspect!

Thanks! I am really happy with how it turned out, my friend did an outstanding job building the skin.
 
2013 C-SEA Swap aquisitions. Lets just say that its a good thing I had to leave early :)











One I have had for a couple months but first time I got a good picture of it.
 
Than, from Tidal Gardens just finished up a video update of my tank.

[video=youtube;bxXcTBmYW6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxXcTBmYW6w&feature=share&list=UUGdAIpjFq4 vygKzXAyDKKtQ[/video]
 
Great additions! Nice video.
 
Sweet tank!

I see that you use some putty around the frag plugs so the chalices will grow out nicely (very smart might I add), do you find that you have to turn of the skimmer when you introduce these pieces to your tank? Your skimmer might be too big to notice but I am afraid of using that stuff because the instructions say to turn of the skimmer for 24 hrs. I really dont need to risk wet skimming again.. I found 5 gallons of tank water on my floor one morning...
 
Those new chalice frags look amazing! :wink: Very nice job on your new reef as well :thumb:

2013 C-SEA Swap aquisitions. Lets just say that its a good thing I had to leave early :)











One I have had for a couple months but first time I got a good picture of it.
 
Sweet tank!

I see that you use some putty around the frag plugs so the chalices will grow out nicely (very smart might I add), do you find that you have to turn of the skimmer when you introduce these pieces to your tank? Your skimmer might be too big to notice but I am afraid of using that stuff because the instructions say to turn of the skimmer for 24 hrs. I really dont need to risk wet skimming again.. I found 5 gallons of tank water on my floor one morning...

Thanks! When using the epoxy I generally do not need to turn the skimmer off. On occasion, the skimmer will skim a bit "wet" for but not too bad and only for 10 to 20 minutes. The only time I had to is when I used a large amount of epoxy to cover up some pesky blue clove polyps.

Those new chalice frags look amazing! :wink: Very nice job on your new reef as well :thumb:

Thanks! They guy I got them from must be really good at caring for his corals! :wink:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new