Replacement for Tom's Aqualifter Pump (Overflow Box)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is from CPR link. Looks like CPR is working with another company to produce a aqualifter pump from another manufacturer sometime in 2022.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a pump like an aqua clear or maxi jet that has a venturi. Run a tube from the venturi to the air vent on the overflow

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a pump like an aqua clear or maxi jet that has a venturi. Run a tube from the venturi to the air vent on the overflow
I have two small power heads with a venturi inlet but I like the Aqua pump, I have been using mine for a year with no issues. If it went, I would use and alternate pump until I could get another one. But you're right, there are options.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two small power heads with a venturi inlet but I like the Aqua pump, I have been using mine for a year with no issues. If it went, I would use and alternate pump until I could get another one. But you're right, there are options.
Yeah, and I just noticed someone already mentioned it. An aqua lifter is a simple diaphragm pump. I’m surprised there aren’t more options. Personally think the Venturi is the most reliable but a friend has been using this set up and swears by it, after going through a number of cheap *** aqualifters.

you can find it on Amazon for half this price, but I can’t seem to be able to post that link

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, and I just noticed someone already mentioned it. An aqua lifter is a simple diaphragm pump. I’m surprised there aren’t more options. Personally think the Venturi is the most reliable but a friend has been using this set up and swears by it, after going through a number of cheap *** aqualifters.

you can find it on Amazon for half this price, but I can’t seem to be able to post that link
Do you have an adblocker on? Sometimes it just doesnt look like the link is posting but does for people without adblockers

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an adblocker on? Sometimes it just doesnt look like the link is posting but does for people without adblockers
Gikfun R385 Mini Water Pump Fish Tank Motor with 12V 1A US Plug and 1m Tube for Diaphragm Pump Water Air Pump for Arduino EK1912

Umm, idk. Keeps going to Amazon app. Guess if you have Amazon app it’ll work

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gikfun R385 Mini Water Pump Fish Tank Motor with 12V 1A US Plug and 1m Tube for Diaphragm Pump Water Air Pump for Arduino EK1912

worked perfectly for me when i tried the link with adblocker turned off on extensions

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to buy a couple of backups
I am looking at a new tank with a coast to coast overflow. One I would like a slightly larger tanks and with the Toms pumps not available right now and the future of getting a toms pump I am thinking of just getting a new tank,

I have had a siphon overflow in the past, and they lose siphon everyone in awhile, this is the reason I went with a CPR over flow.

I have a back up Toms aqua lifter that I am going to put on line this weekend. I did see a site that still sell the Toms pumps for $45.00 There are some alternative suggestion I have found, but the pumps can not run continuously like the Toms.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I saw this one, and after reading. The pump cannot be run continuously without burning up. Some have said they start smoking, that would be a fire hazard for me and a no.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing to research this week, and would like to ask what everyone thinks about the EcoTech versa pump VX-1. I contacted EchoTech and was told that the Versa and run continuously. This would solve the air buildup in the CPR overflow.

reefmaster1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright it's that time of year again. My Tom's Aqualifter has started to run into problems maintaining the siphon on my Overflow Box. however, I've run into a new problem (new for me at least). It looks like Tom's Aqualifter pumps are discontinued and I need an alternative that is okay to use continuously. I've noticed that in the description of the Avast Marine and BRS Pumps that they aren't supposed to be used continuously which is a bummer. Anyone have any recommendations?
Alright it's that time of year again. My Tom's Aqualifter has started to run into problems maintaining the siphon on my Overflow Box. however, I've run into a new problem (new for me at least). It looks like Tom's Aqualifter pumps are discontinued and I need an alternative that is okay to use continuously. I've noticed that in the description of the Avast Marine and BRS Pumps that they aren't supposed to be used continuously which is a bummer. Anyone have any recommendations?
Amazon is now selling the Aqua Lifter - the exact same one I have been buying for years.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back