Replacing RO/DI Membranes and Resins - Advice Needed

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,

I have a 7-Stage RO/DI system I purchased from BRS. It's time to replace the membranes along with the filters and resins. I've had some bad luck with the BRS bulk resins, and was thinking I would mix it up this time around, and try Spectrapure.

My question is. The BRS system has labels as follows:

---> Cation Resin ---> Anion Resin ---> Mixed Bed DI Resin

What would be ideal replacements for the Cation and Anion from Spectrapure?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,

I have a 7-Stage RO/DI system I purchased from BRS. It's time to replace the membranes along with the filters and resins. I've had some bad luck with the BRS bulk resins, and was thinking I would mix it up this time around, and try Spectrapure.

My question is. The BRS system has labels as follows:

---> Cation Resin ---> Anion Resin ---> Mixed Bed DI Resin

What would be ideal replacements for the Cation and Anion from Spectrapure?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Spectrapure sells Cation, Anion and Mix Bed resins. Your only choice is whether or not you want color indicator. I don't care for color indicator and rely on in-line TDS readings to determine when the resin is shot.

Spectrapure Resins Link

OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure sells Cation, Anion and Mix Bed resins. Your only choice is whether or not you want color indicator. I don't care for color indicator and rely on in-line TDS readings to determine when the resin is shot.

Spectrapure Resins Link

Thank you. I did see that. Any advantage to using one of the other products they sell instead of the Cation and Anion?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate packing bulk DI resin. I have a dual canister DI stage using the Spectrapure’s pre packed high capacity MaxCap and SilicaBuster DI cartridges. Been well over a year and still producing 0 TDS water.

Note that my source water is around 90 TDS and post RO is 0 - 1 TDS and I’m making about 20 gallons a week.

OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate packing bulk DI resin. I have a dual canister DI stage using the Spectrapure’s pre packed high capacity MaxCap and SilicaBuster DI cartridges. Been well over a year and still producing 0 TDS water.

Note that my source water is around 90 TDS and post RO is 0 - 1 TDS and I’m making about 20 gallons a week.

Thank you, and absolutely agree, filling cartridges is a major pain!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back