Replacing Sump Pipe Return Connector

kiggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I'm relatively new to the hobby had a 20 gallon before for a short time. I bought a second hand reefer 350 a while back. While we're moving the cabinet, the sump pipe return connector cracked.. Seller suggested to glue the piece back so I used gorilla glue and I thought it went well... I was able to fill in the main tank and bought 2 clownfish and 1 royal gramma - no other livestock/corals in the tank atm. Just yesterday, water started leaking from the crack not too strong but it's not droplets either, kinda like water coming out of a showerhead. I turned off the return pipe and used my old hang on back filter from my 20 gallon for now. I ordered a new connector and it should come in 2-3 days. Though I plan to replace the connector, I tried really hard to remove the connector but it doesn't even budge, feels like it's just stuck there. Any tips on how to remove it? and also in the meantime would epoxy be able to prevent water from leaking?

I attached an image of the connector and drew what the crack looks like.

Appreciate your responses.

pipe return connector.png

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Five minute epoxy or jb weld could be your friend, but I am not sure which are aquarium safe.

OP
OP
K

kiggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Five minute epoxy or jb weld could be your friend, but I am not sure which are aquarium safe.
thanks mann. the epoxy i ordered was a D&D Aquascape Construction Epoxy. Just going to get the jb waterweld for backup..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back