Representing Sharks

KentuckyKenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a newbie I do know that I need to have special equipment to house a shark. However, is there a way to represent sharks in a "regular" reef tank? What fish do you use or recommend?

OP
OP
KentuckyKenny

KentuckyKenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to actually house a shark but would like to have some kind of fish that would represent a shark

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi KentuckyKenny,

I've seen a couple of your post and just want to give a little advice for whatever its worth. So if your starting out I'd say you can look at used tanks, better if you can see while filled up to make sure nothing wrong and equiptment is in good ruuning condition. But buying used does save some money.
That being said I saw you mentioned a 32 gallon or 40 to start, while the 32 bio cube is a good strating tank all in one, but a 40 Breeder tank does give a nice length for a display. I just saw this insert all in one filter for a 40 gallon breeder (link below). You can usually find used 40's on craigslist or offerup, or Petco is offering 25% off a brand new one with in store/curside pickup so $215 for tank and filter box, then light, pump, heater, and test kits, sand , rock to get started. Oh and RODI water ( either from a store or home made which will require an rodi filter) and salt.
It can be exspensive fo start hence the used equiptment route, and then info from R2R members has been amazing for me, helped me understand water parameters and stability are the key with some paitence to a rewarding tank.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back