Reptile Room Lagoon!!

Strappdpiggy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
387
Reaction score
172
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after cleaning out my garage I found the DP 30g rimless tank that I thought I was going to do something with but never got around to doing it. With the new year I have decided to make this 24 x 24 x 12 tank into a shallow tank. I want to stick with mainly my two loves (acans and chalice) but I may and probably will expand into other types of corals.I would like to stay with higher end equipment, because of this, this tank will be a long build but I plan to keep everyone posted each step of the way!!

Items needed for the build: (ordered in what I will be purchasing first. I am open to any comments and advice):
-Synergy Reef 16" overflow
-Trigger Systems Ruby Cube sump ( still debatable, I have contacted lifereef and advance acrylics, but I am open to other ideas. I only have about 20 X 20 space for a sump.
-Vectra M1DC return pump
-Plumbing
-Rock and sand (I am not 100% sure if I want to do BB or sand, if I do go BB I will be doing it with starboard. Following how WWC does their BB tanks)
-Vertex Omega 130 Skimmer
-MP10 WQD
-One Radion xr15 and 24" T5 retrofit kit. ( Yes I will be doing a hybrid lighting system for this tank)

Thats all the basic things I would need. For the first year I will be keeping up with parameters by doing weakly water changes. I currently have a tall stand for the tank and would like two make to smaller pieces of furniture on either side of the stand to add some space and be able to run a ATO and media reactors on one side of the sump and a control hub on the other.

I hope you guys are as excited as I am for this shallow tank!!


P.S. I just purchased the overflow box!!!
 
What sump did you end up going with? ? ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new