Reptile Room Lagoon

garcia64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to move this post here. So after cleaning out my garage I found the DP 30g rimless tank that I thought I was going to do something with but never got around to doing it. With the new year I have decided to make this 24 x 24 x 12 tank into a shallow tank. The tank will be going into the reptile room that is kept at a constant 75 degrees. I want to stick with mainly my two loves (acans and chalice) but I may and probably will expand into other types of corals.I would like to stay with higher end equipment, because of this, this tank will be a long build but I plan to keep everyone posted each step of the way!!
Items needed for the build: (ordered in what I will be purchasing first. I am open to any comments and advice):
-Synergy Reef 16" overflow
-lifereef sump system
-Plumbing
-Rock and sand (I am not 100% sure if I want to do BB or sand, if I do go BB I will be doing it with starboard. Following how WWC does their BB tanks)
-Vertex Omega 130 Skimmer
-ATO
-MP10 WQD
-One Radion xr15 and 24" T5 retrofit kit. ( Yes I will be doing a hybrid lighting system for this tank)

Thats all the basic things I would need. For the first year I will be keeping up with parameters by doing weakly water changes. I currently have a tall stand for the tank and would like two make to smaller pieces of furniture on either side of the stand to add some space and be able to run a ATO and media reactors on one side of the sump and a control hub on the other.

I hope you guys are as excited as I am for this shallow tank!!

P.S. I just purchased the overflow box!!!

JTreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it's going to be a awesome tank. Look forward to seeing your build

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back