Rescaping my shark tank

KilianSP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i am thinking about rescaping my tank.
Tank is 6,5ft x 3,25ft and i See it as a grow out tank, gonna Upgrade someday for sure.
i have a grey bamboo shark, 7 colombian sharks and a porcupine puffer.

I bought the aquaforest Rock shelfs.
I have a flying reef on the right side, which i kinda like and it's the cave for the bamboo and the colombian sharks.
I don't like the left Rock work and want to remove it completly, so i have a wide open fiel for the shark to swim, which i am going to plant with caulerpa algaes.

Now i have a few questions:
Is one cave enough for the shark? He is always under the right one, the left rockwork is more like an obstacle for him, don't see it as a cave.

And how important are round Corners for a grey bamboo shark? Mine swims always along the Front panel, than U-turn and swims back and forth, when there is food.
So i got a big footprint of a tank, but he uses only the Front. Likely because of the left rockwork and the corners.

Plan is to make curves out of rocks, to smoothen out the edges and he can swimm more in cirlces. Does this work woth rocks, or need it to be smooth like glas?

And i am still not sure if it is better to have a cave in the middle, but this is limiting the amount of macroalgaes i can plant in the tank.

Can you share your Setups?
I only want to rebuild it, so he has the optimal tank, so everything for the shark.

20230131_175249.jpg 20230131_175303.jpg 20230131_175308.jpg 20230131_175418.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back