researching dual overflows with herbie bean drains ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter cracker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2014
Messages
7,163
Reaction score
16,191
Location
north east Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk about a lot of differing info out there. My brain hurts ! So anyway I will be getting a new 180 with corners overflows. The tank comes with durso's but I would like to install herbie bean drains. It would make my plumbing job a "lot" easier. I can run them straight down a good 30 "into the sump. one drain at each end of the sump. The bulk heads are 1" I need each syphon to handle at least 600 gph . Is this doable? I think so.
Also I read that using 2 separate herbie b's , one in each corner can be problematic concerning evening out the flow or some other reason I don't quite see.. I don't care if they drain unevenly just as long as both can handle the flow from the return. Any opinions on this? Thanks !
 
[ATTA
1468671927648.jpg

Here's 180 with dual herbie super silent and glad I did it siphon always restarts. I used corners for drain only. In tank I have two rw 8 powerheads. Return pump is a Waveland DC 10,000.
 
Thanks tcarter . I assume your bulkheads are 1 inch. Looks like it works for you just fine !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new