Response to dying royal gramma

morganolivia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unfortunately can’t reply to posts, but thank you for those who are helping! To answer your questions, no I do not have a quarantine tank. My coral banded shrimp is not fully grown, and I just got it today (to get rid of some bristle worms). My royal gramma has been in bad shape before I bought my shrimp this afternoon. So it’s not any trauma from the cbs, but I’m wondering if it got stuck under a rock?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I unfortunately can’t reply to posts, but thank you for those who are helping! To answer your questions, no I do not have a quarantine tank. My coral banded shrimp is not fully grown, and I just got it today (to get rid of some bristle worms). My royal gramma has been in bad shape before I bought my shrimp this afternoon. So it’s not any trauma from the cbs, but I’m wondering if it got stuck under a rock?

Coral banded shrimp are scavengers and will not address bristleworms. Your best bet is an Arrow crab which will devour them

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet is to feed the tank less and bristleworm population will limit itself.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not say welcome in the other thread so hi.

I am one that actually likes bristle worms as long as they are not the fire kind. The are one of the few I know that can get under rock and move substrate around. But they are ugly and to me spooky.

I can’t see the royal getting stuck, how long had he been in the tank, and any other occupants we can look at for the crime. I am not good at ID as I always say, so a pix or 2 more may help unless he is gone. Also check parameters for usual. Salinity, temp, ammonia, kh?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back