Resting place decided by my BTA

  • Thread starter Thread starter ramasezz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ramasezz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2016
Messages
107
Reaction score
30
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone..
Have a BTA that's split into 3. The smallest of them all (about an inch in diameter) has decided to take up a spot on top of a colony of Zoas of mine..
I think this is not good, but since he's so small and did this only today evening, can I let him be and see of he will move on his own or do o need to take any action..
If I need to, can I get some tips on how to evict him without harming either the anemone or the polyps..
Pics for your reference

IMAG2635.jpg


IMAG2634.jpg


IMAG2633.jpg


Look forward to your advice.. Tks.. Ram.

IMAG2635.jpg
 
Wow, that is unique! I'm guessing that he will need to move on his own. But lets ask the anemone whisperer @cromag08
 
@AcroNem. This is awesome! Thought you would enjoy this
 
@Zack Klabunde cool thanks for the tag! Congrats on it splitting! Those polyps don't look very upset, if they get stung badly (E. quadricolor doesn't have a terrible sting) then I'd think about moving it yourself but I'd say let it move on its own for now. Keep us posted.
 
Last edited:
Leave it. I've had many nems live within a colony of zoas, peacefully. wait a week or so for the nem to heal and then you can safely move it if needed.
 
Cool.. many thanks.. I didn't know that what i have here is a little unique.. will keep an eye out on the going on's.... and of course update if there's any change in condition of either..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new