Return chamber V3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kiala

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help please. I've just finished filling up my new reefer 425 v3 and I think I'm doing something wrong, I've filled it up until the recommended height in the return chamber has been reached and according to the manual I've got the drain valve completely open (turned anticlockwise) I'm using a varios 6 return pump, I've got it at its lowest setting so wont be exceeding recommended flow rate. The return chamber drains really quickly so I have to turn it off again to avoid the pump running dry, the chamber then takes about 10 minutes to refill, I've tried a few times whilst adjusting the valve and I've tried increasing the water level, nothing seems to make a difference, any suggestions? Thanks

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 750 and faced the same issue with the VarioS-8.

Open the valve all the way. It will allow more water to go down the overflow. Slowly start closing it until it stops going down the emergency overflow. Wait 10-20 minutes between each adjustment to allow the water to stabilize.

OP
OP
K

Kiala

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anti-clockwise is open right? I've turned it anti-clockwise until it can't go any further

JuanGutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a Red Sea max but I’ve come across this issue when my filter socks are dirty and need to be changed out. Don’t know if you’re using them but something to look into if you are.

OP
OP
K

Kiala

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's working now... I added as much water as I could to the sump and managed to get it going without the chamber draining before water was coming out of the overflow pipe properly, I then took some water back out again and closed the valve slowly, the noise has gone and the water level in the return chamber has been stable at the right level for almost an hour :)

JuanGutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still feel like something needs fixed. What happens if you loose power and when it comes back on it doesn’t go back to normal?

OP
OP
K

Kiala

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the power cut test and it all went fine, although going to take more adjusting to get it quiet again. Won't be adding anything for a while though anyway, doing the BRS ULM method of cycling and getting fuge/ pods going before transferring my other tank across

janmy7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the same thing I'm worry about to put the Varios 4 in the 250 v3.
Anybody use the same set up can give us idea?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the same thing I'm worry about to put the Varios 4 in the 250 v3.
Anybody use the same set up can give us idea?

The reefers adjust to be absolutely silent. You just have to be patient, make tiny adjustments and then leave it for a couple hours.

OP
OP
K

Kiala

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not had any issues since setting it up, no noise either.... it's extremely quiet. Sometimes I have to look up from the laptop or whatever just to make sure everything's still running

janmy7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reefers adjust to be absolutely silent. You just have to be patient, make tiny adjustments and then leave it for a couple hours.

No. my concern is about the return chamber drains really quickly as what he mentioned. Since it seems the new V3 return chamber is kind of small.

OP
OP
K

Kiala

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was me that originally posted, I filled the sump up with water (nearly completely full) and it was fine and then I took some of the water out again and turned the pump off and on to make sure it didn't drain the return chamber and it was fine. Just make sure when you add the extra water that you add it directly to the sump and not to the main tank so that the sump doesn't overflow and do a power cut test

OP
OP
K

Kiala

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I initially did it when the pump was on the lowest power. Then once it wasn't draining the return chamber I adjusted the pump up to a higher power and adjusted the water level again to suit

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back