Return Pump for Tiny 1 Gallon Pico (Huge Temperature Spikes)

griffahnert

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved and my little 1 gallon pico moved with me. I noticed my softies were looking a bit off and the one shrimp I had in there died and when I look at my inkbird the temperature can get all the way up to 82! I'm honestly happy everything else didn't just die. The air conditioner in the new apartment is worse now and ambient temperatures are around 75. Whenever I plug in my return pump (little Pluaco 3w 50gph) the temperature goes right up. Does anyone have any ideas for a better pump or another way I can cool this thing until winter? I have 2 little fans right now but they only bring the temp down about 1 degree.
 
For a gallon size pico I think an air pump should be enough. There's just not enough water to dissipate that heat and I've seen a ton of successful builds on here using bubbles.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new