Return pump losing power. Why ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Idech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
These look like very nice pumps ! Not sure I can find them in Canada though.
I had to look these up and the pump is offered by few manufacturers:
1736476954297.jpeg


I realized my skimmer Royal Exclusive Bubble King uses the Red Dragon X.
These you can get in Canada, but I believe they only have 2 year warranty…
 
I wouldn't risk an accident waiting to happen.
I'm not trying to be confrontational at all here, I just saw that and I remember what happened when I had a water spill on plugs.
 
I wouldn't risk an accident waiting to happen.
I'm not trying to be confrontational at all here, I just saw that and I remember what happened when I had a water spill on plugs.
Thanks. I don’t perceive it as confrontational at all. Can you explain what accident could happen and what you would change ? If there is something to fix, I will.
 
Water splash, dropped plug....
I once had my outlets near my container too until I had a pump accidently come loose. It had sprayed water everywhere frying every single plug I had.
Thank God the circuit tripped. An expensive but lesson learned and thankfully nothing worse happened.

My outlets are plugged into a gfci outlet and well away from water sources now.
 
Water splash, dropped plug....
I once had my outlets near my container too until I had a pump accidently come loose. It had sprayed water everywhere frying every single plug I had.
Thank God the circuit tripped. An expensive but lesson learned and thankfully nothing worse happened.

My outlets are plugged into a gfci outlet and well away from water sources now.
I agree there is a risk, but I have minimized it, as all free plugs have a plug cover on them. Everything is also plugged into a surge protector strip that’s plugged into a GFCi outlet. 80% of my electricity is inside the cabinet so it would be hard to change.

I’m pretty paranoid and I am okay with it. Thanks for the concern, I’ll be careful.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new