OP
OP
tatties

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gonna head home in morning and grab a dc return pump until i can fix the current one.

got the heater in the DT, set at 75-76. just pray it doesnt fry the livestock.

OP
OP
tatties

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any downfall to keeping my skimmer on for movement in the sump area? i put the temp probe in the same area as the skimmer and heater. gonna keep that section at 77.7 temp, then maybe it will keep the neighboring sump areas a little warmer.

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any downfall to keeping my skimmer on for movement in the sump area? i put the temp probe in the same area as the skimmer and heater. gonna keep that section at 77.7 temp, then maybe it will keep the neighboring sump areas a little warmer.
No problem that I can think of. Should also keep the sump water from becoming toxic for a couple of days.

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gonna head home in morning and grab a dc return pump until i can fix the current one.

got the heater in the DT, set at 75-76. just pray it doesnt fry the livestock.
When my power supply went out I bought the 6 and feel much better knowing that I have a backup. The Varios pumps work well when working. The 6 even kept a decent flow from a basement sump, about a 10/12 foot head.

OP
OP
tatties

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my power supply went out I bought the 6 and feel much better knowing that I have a backup. The Varios pumps work well when working. The 6 even kept a decent flow from a basement sump, about a 10/12 foot head.
this has finally done it for me. selling it. i have so much money invested in the best equipment. just bought so much coral frags. over it. hopefully it all stays alive so i can sell!

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this has finally done it for me. selling it. i have so much money invested in the best equipment. just bought so much coral frags. over it. hopefully it all stays alive so i can sell!
I really hope you don’t give up. Problems are frustrating but for me, the benefits are worth it. Just like the dozens of times my vehicles have broken down, I’ve gotten rid of a few junkers but never quit driving. ;)

OP
OP
tatties

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope you don’t give up. Problems are frustrating but for me, the benefits are worth it. Just like the dozens of times my vehicles have broken down, I’ve gotten rid of a few junkers but never quit driving. ;)
well this issue isnt helping with the wife. if i cant sell the WWC corals, im stuck. im going to grab the same model octo reef pump tmw and replace it. then handle the warranty talk with coralvue. so less than 24 hours without return pump, should be good?

OP
OP
tatties

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wife went a got new pump and installed while i’m working. everything back to normal, doesn’t look like any damage was taken. thank you to all for your advice and help.

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wife went a got new pump and installed while i’m working. everything back to normal, doesn’t look like any damage was taken. thank you to all for your advice and help.
Sounds like your wife is a real keeper. I’ve overspent on a WWC live sale myself so I understand your situation with the corals. Have you thought about putting together a couple of frag packs and listing them here on the Marketplace? I’m sure you got some good stuff from the sale at reasonable prices and there was no shortage of people looking for them at the sale. I would bet you could get some/all of your $ back and possibly make a few bucks.

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your wife is a real keeper. I’ve overspent on a WWC live sale myself so I understand your situation with the corals. Have you thought about putting together a couple of frag packs and listing them here on the Marketplace? I’m sure you got some good stuff from the sale at reasonable prices and there was no shortage of people looking for them at the sale. I would bet you could get some/all of your $ back and possibly make a few bucks.
I want some

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tell her that her new Louis Vuitton wallet (purses are way too much) is on its way when she brings this up five years from now

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even the best s**t breaks, I'll gladly adopt your whole system if you get out of the hobby. The only thing you can do is roll with the punches and keep moving on

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not see this till now and you don’t say where you are, but there are plenty of reefers in So Ca that would be glad to help in an emergancy like this, I am one.
I live in Virginia and haven't found anyone else that lives within an hour of me in the hobby, I wish there were more people like you

OP
OP
tatties

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys. where you located @laverda ?

also, looks like i lost a rabbitfish. i know they go camo, which he has done before, but he just looks ill now. gonna give him overnight to see if he color's up and comes back out..

he is breathing per wife, so im not there ...but i thought he was dead before and he wasnt.

OP
OP
tatties

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rip hank the rabbitfish, he didnt make it thru this ordeal. sad. kids loved him.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Always have a back-up for your essentials such as return, pump, heater and powerhead(s). I have 2 of each

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss. Your wife needs a Cape, she is a definite keeper.

One thing the Army taught me that I will never forget: One is none, 2 is one. Always have a contingency plan. 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back