Return pump

alexgray1122

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
91
Reaction score
40
Location
Petaluma, Ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 gallon half moon. I just finished all my plumbing. I have 1" drain pipe, and a 3/4" return line. What size return pump should I run? I'm doing coral and community fish. Any recommendations? Thanks guys! Still learning haha
 
I am using a waveline dc2500h 660 gph for my 72 gallon with 80 gallons of water volume. I have 1.25 down line and 3/4 return. these are nice pumps and you can control the speed. http://ecotechmarine.com/products/vectra I would go with the smaller one.
 
My dc9000 is kicking strong in my 80g of volume :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new