Return to Reefing...A lot has changed!

Mark_Ames

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!

I’m stepping out of the shadows for a bit to say hello and sing my praises of R2R. This is an awesome resource!!!

It’s been 10+ years since my last reef tank (mostly softies). Sadly, I had to take it down due to a move and it never recovered. I thought I would do a reef reboot sooner or later. But little did I know how much later it would be. Flash forward to a few weeks ago when on vacation on the Red Sea. Without my prompting nor knowledge of my interest, a friend happened to arrange a visit to the Hebrew University Marine Science Laboratory. Once I saw the corals in their holding tanks, I was reawakened.

Since getting back home, I’ve been trying to get back up to speed. There is still a learning curve. But finding R2R has certainly made it much easier. And, y’all seem to be nice and welcoming...even for a lost soul like me.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3741324A-9F34-4136-BE28-8A279E69B178.gif

OP
OP
Mark_Ames

Mark_Ames

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always cool to hear from those who were into reefing decade(s) ago... What would you say will be the biggest difference from your last tank to this one? (LED lighting doesnt count ;))
Live Rock from Fiji seemed to be the norm. It was everywhere. Had I known back then what I know now, I would’ve looked for an alternative. This time, I’m going aquacultured.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!

I’m stepping out of the shadows for a bit to say hello and sing my praises of R2R. This is an awesome resource!!!

It’s been 10+ years since my last reef tank (mostly softies). Sadly, I had to take it down due to a move and it never recovered. I thought I would do a reef reboot sooner or later. But little did I know how much later it would be. Flash forward to a few weeks ago when on vacation on the Red Sea. Without my prompting nor knowledge of my interest, a friend happened to arrange a visit to the Hebrew University Marine Science Laboratory. Once I saw the corals in their holding tanks, I was reawakened.

Since getting back home, I’ve been trying to get back up to speed. There is still a learning curve. But finding R2R has certainly made it much easier. And, y’all seem to be nice and welcoming...even for a lost soul like me.
Also, I have three shelties. I like the avatar!

I have a bi blue, a tricolor, and a sable merle!

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mark, Glad to see you back into reefing & welcome to R2R ! Your right about everybody being friendly & all the info.These facts have kept me coming back .
The basics are the same but many innovations in 10 years. We can get You up to speed on all that.
What do You have tank/equipment wise so far?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mark_Ames
:)
“Lost soul.”
I haven’t heard that term used much since my dear mom passed. She used that phrase a lot when she was alive. She bragged about my brother “The Dr.” and complained and cried about her other son (yours truly); “A wicked lost soul.”

But I to have become a new man since I wandered into this website. I barely use any swear words any more, I’ve stopped vodka dosing and my reef is growing corals like the garden of Eden. ( Post-Fall Garden, but things are looking good.)

And now you’ve signed up here after wandering around Israel. Welcome home Pilgram.
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.3%
Back