Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9D07675F-417C-4E3F-85BA-AB76F183DA6E.gif

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any recommendation on what I should use in my refugium as substrate or should I just put blocks from alge farm
Welcome back, I just got back in myself. The good news is the hobby has improved by leaps and bounds since I was gone. I went with Brightwell Xport, some people report it disintegrating on them but I haven't had any problems. For me being able to remove the bio filtration to siphon out detritus was what led me to that choice.

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there Zack here returning to hobby after 10 years away I only have about a year of experience so still have allot to learn I recently bought and started a 120 gallon aquarium and have a 40 gallon sump which I put a peice of acrylic in to create a refugium and I repipped the overflow so one is running slower for the new refugium I will not be adding alge barn kit till a month or so so just live rock inside now the measurements of top tank is L48xW18xH32 I had a question this tank is deep what power Led reef light is recommended and will 2 be okay?

Hi Zack and Welcome Back! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Long Beach:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Zack, Welcome to R2R!! :)

I would suggest to post your questions in lighting, coral discussion, and equipment and hardware for a more defined answers.

Most upper end LED are a good choice for deep tanks. I just replaced my AI hydra 26hd's because I was looking for more spectrum and power in the new lights. I would suggest looking at the Hydra Hd'd light, or the new Radions, or GHL Mitras.

In regard to a sump, and sump will do, just look for the space for your equipment. Like you skimmer, heater, return pump, reactor pump, filtration, and if you are going with a chamber for a chito.

Back