returning to the hobby for a new tank

likemike99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been away from the hobby for 8 years and am finally stable in my living domicile where I can have a tank again. I am putting up a 30Biocube. I have amini skimmer and mini reactor. stock lights. +/- chiller (well controlled room) and ato/doser. I do not have any circulation pumps anymore. I had the koralia mini and MP 10. Was looking to try somehting new since I am cure tech ahs advanced. I saw the aquaillumination nero 3 pumps that looked good but cant find them anywhere in stock. Anyone know why? any recommendations on new pumps? I was also wondering if you could put a maxspect gyre vertically to use. thanks. looking forward to getting back into it.

btw- plan is for missed tank mostly a few fish, maybe anemone, few softies (love my torches and duncans), maybe 2 or 3 easy sps

look forward to hearing from you guys. I had great memories of the help in the past.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to Reef2Reef!
Happy Pamela Anderson GIF by Kanye West

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been away from the hobby for 8 years and am finally stable in my living domicile where I can have a tank again. I am putting up a 30Biocube. I have amini skimmer and mini reactor. stock lights. +/- chiller (well controlled room) and ato/doser. I do not have any circulation pumps anymore. I had the koralia mini and MP 10. Was looking to try somehting new since I am cure tech ahs advanced. I saw the aquaillumination nero 3 pumps that looked good but cant find them anywhere in stock. Anyone know why? any recommendations on new pumps? I was also wondering if you could put a maxspect gyre vertically to use. thanks. looking forward to getting back into it.

btw- plan is for missed tank mostly a few fish, maybe anemone, few softies (love my torches and duncans), maybe 2 or 3 easy sps

look forward to hearing from you guys. I had great memories of the help in the past.
"out of stock" item is common problem in all industry these days due to supply chain issues... I haven't been able to buy my favorite pre-cooked Trader Joe bacon in months!!!
Yes the gyre can be positioned vertically.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always recommend jebao. Cheap and reliable

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back